Rango: Who Am I? I could be anyone!
Godfather II: Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.
Shawshank Redemption: Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
Gladiator: My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.”
Dark Knight: You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Spider Man: With great power comes great responsibility. This is my gift. This is my curse. Who am I? I am Spider-Man.
Kung Fu Panda: To make something special you just have to believe it’s special. [...] There is no secret ingredient…
The Pursuit of Happiness: You got a dream…you gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.
Adaptation: You are what you love not what loves you
Braveheart: Every man dies, but not every man really lives.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers:That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.
Hitch:”Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away.”
It’s a Wonderful Life:Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?
1. And why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again.
2. To manipulate the fears of others, you must first learn to master your own.
3. It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.
Once Upon a Time in Mumbai:
1. How big you shall become is dependent on how big your heart is.
2. “Whose Destiny is the same are bound to meet up in the path”
3. “A man’s greatest weakness is always more powerful than his greatest strength”
4. “When a man becomes immensely passionate about something, that passion becomes his true identity
1. Make your passion your profession. That is the key to your super achievement in that field
2. Need for revamping conventional educational system.
3. The difference between knowledge and its application.
Rang De Basanti:
1. Importance of taking responsibility E.g. a. For transforming the nation (fighting against the corrupt system), b. For your actions (killing the corrupt defense minister.)
2. The transformation which can happen in the lives of different students when they become part of a bigger cause.
3. Centuries can go by, but yet, things will remain the same for some people.
1. Step out of your safe zone: Like Nemo, you sometimes have to go beyond your safe zone to really find yourself. Be brave.
2. Even in the murkiest water, you are not alone.
3. Just keep swimming. Like Dory says in Finding Nemo, Just keep swimming. Don’t stop, don’t give up. You might not always know where you’re headed, and sometimes it will feel like you’re heading in the wrong direction, but if you stop swimming, you’ll never get there, you’ll never get anywhere. Just keep swimming.
No man is perfect. Throughout the 7 books, Harry Potter has taught me that it is our decisions that decide our character and not our abilities. Lord Voldemort is possibly the most able Wizard in the world but that didn’t mean he is the greatest.
Moneyball - We’ve got to think differently.
Moneyball taught me that success can be achieved even under impossible situations. All you need to do is think differently. If there is one way to do one thing, then there are other easier and quirkier ways to do the same thing.
Into the Wild - The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences.
I’m not going to abandon my family and walk into the wilderness of Alaska but Into the Wild has taught me that human spirit can only be fulfilled through new experiences.
LOTR has taught me to do things with what I have. You can whine, you can complain and you can cry but your hand has already been dealt. There is no going back. But, you can control things that happen from this moment.
The Prestige - Man’s reach exceeds his imagination!
The Prestige has taught me that Man and Mankind in itself will never be satisfied with itself. The power of human obsession has done some terrible things to this world and it the same obsession that has enabled Man to exceed even his levels of imagination.
Iron Man - Heroes Aren’t Born, They’re Built
Quite a weird choice one might think. But, Iron Man has taught me never to underestimate the power and reach of Technology.
And hey, who doesn’t like Iron Man?